Friday, December 19, 2008

Gonna miss this place....Adios Madrid!



So it's my last day/night in Madrid. Kind of hard to believe 3 months are over, but time must go on I guess. It's been a great week filled with final exams and goodbyes. Some people from our program have already left, so it's kind of a weird feeling. Last night we had one last get together in the streets of Madrid, a Botellón. Botellónes are kind of a tradition here where young people gather in plazas to enjoy a few drinks and each other's company. It's cheaper than going to a bar...and it's actually a lot of fun.

We met in a plaza near our house with a bunch of people from the program and had a good time. Although the cops came and broke it up, it was definitely worth it. (don't worry Mom, no one got into any trouble, we just had to quickly vacate the area and find an establishment to go to).

I have met a lot of really great people on this trip, both from DePaul and all other parts of the world, and I've also learned a lot about myself. I've gained a lot of confidence and surprised myself a few times. I have some great memories here and a lot of experiences I will take with me forever. I'm so grateful for this opportunity, I cannot even begin to describe.

Although I'm really sad to be leaving Spain, I'm looking forward to the next chapters of my life. I'm anxious to see where life leads me. Spain has definitely captured a piece of my heart, but I know God has better things yet to come for me, and I can't wait.

I'm excited to see everyone when I get home too! I will see you all TOMORROW!!!

Adios.

No comments: