Monday, December 15, 2008

Exámenes Finales


Less than 7 days left in Madrid :( but I still have 4 final exams standing in my way. The reality of leaving is finally starting to hit me a little bit. Last week, one of our roommates left, it's a little weird without him here. I think we're all starting to realize it's coming to an end...some are happy, others are sad. Right now, I'm somewhere in the middle. On one hand, I'm getting homesick. I'm really anxious to see my family and new dog for the holidays, etc. On the other hand, I'm definitely going to miss Spain.

The other day we were talking about the things we're going to have to get used to again in the states. For example: tipping at restaurants, not being pushed around on the metro, not saying metro, new daily schedule, going back to work, not staring, waiting 20 minutes for the el or a bus in Chicago, etc etc. It's gonna be weird. It's amazing how much you can adapt in 3 months. One thing I don't think I'm going to change when I get back is the eating schedule. This 9 o'clock dinner thing is really working for me. The Spanish schedule is perfect for my life...for sure.

Some things I'm looking forward to in Chicago: REAL pizza and Chicago hot dogs, Christmas and everything that comes with is, NOT being pushed around on the el, my family and friends, being 21 in the US, Chavo, baking, NOT seeing pig legs hanging in every restaurant, etc etc.

I'll be spending the next couple of days saying goodbye to Madrid. It'll be bittersweet, but I'm trying not to be sad about it. All I can do is take all my experiences with me and remember the good times I've had here. It's definitely been worthwhile...no matter how broke I am when I get home. At least I can take the pictures and the memories home with me.

GOOD NEWS tho, I was able to change my flight to be home in time for the Espersen Hoe Down this year. Originally I was supposed to spend the night in the Dublin airport, but not anymore! Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Well, I'm off to study now...only 200 vocab words to learn tonite :) should be fun!

No comments: